Evergreen Agriculture Tanzania
- Evergreen Agriculture Tanzania envisions rural smallholder farmers living well off of their land.
- The EAT mission is to improve smallholder farmers' livelihoods through increased access to markets, information and resources.
- Our primary activities consist of capacity building of rural smallholder farmers through on and off-site training
- Over 80% of the population of Tanzania live in rural areas and are dependent on their small plots of land for both food and incomes.
- Eat! operates with the twin goals of improving the local environment while elevating the economic conditions of the communities within which we operate.
- Evergreen Agriculture, or agriculture that mixes the use of trees in farming systems (agroforestry) with the principles of conservation farming, which has emerged as an affordable and accessible solution to caring better for the land and increasing smallholder food production.
- EAT's work provides a concrete way of helping communities adapt to the potentially dire effects of climate change by introducing robust agricultural systems that thrive in the face of unreliable rainfall and fluctuating temperatures.