Booker T. Washington MS 54 strives to develop and nurture a community of intelligent, mature and motivated learners with strong academic and critical thinking skills and a love for learning.
The Booker T. Washington Middle School Community will provide:
- A safe and nurturing environment that is sensitive to the needs of the individual student.
- A collegial staff which utilizes the experiences, resources and diversity of the entire school and community to accomplish the school’s goals.
- A unified community, which fosters learning and experiences leading to an understanding, appreciation and respect for diversity.
- An academic environment that reflects enrichment through intellectually appropriate activities and fosters scholastic excellence, independent learning and open communication.
- A curriculum designed to develop problem solving and critical thinking skills, by applying a variety of resources, groupings, and teaching strategies.
- A physical environment that is properly equipped, aesthetically pleasing, and is enhanced by students’ work and achievements.