Mission Statement The South Side Local Development Company is a community based non-profit corporation whose purpose is to promote the economic revitalization and historic preservation of Pittsburgh’s South Side. The SSLDC initiates or facilitates responsible business, residential, recreational, industrial, and workforce development and provides direction, skills, and technical assistance to other community groups and individuals for the benefit of the South Side Community.
SSLDC Values Statement:
The South Side Local Development Company incorporates these values into its everyday work:
· Historic preservation of South Side’s physical environment and architecture as well as the preservation of South Side’s history and story.
· Urban design, especially pedestrian friendly design to provide a sense of community and place.
· Mix of residential and commercial uses and the need for a healthy balance for both to be successful.
· Economic, racial, ethnic, and generational diversity
· The right and ability of South Siders to influence the type, quality, and character of development in the neighborhood .
· Financial responsibility and accountable decision-making to support the long-term viability of the SSLDC to serve the South Side.
· To participate in the social and economic networks in the community in ways that benefit the historic preservation and economic revitalization of the South Side.
· The vitality of our neighboring communities and our role in the region’s success.
· Collaborative and mutual working relationships between Board, Staff, and Volunteers that promotes continuing education, knowledge sharing, and an attractive environment for retention and recruitment of talented individuals.
Mission Statement The South Side Local Development Company is a community based non-profit corporation whose purpose is to promote the economic revitalization and historic preservation of Pittsburgh’s South Side. The SSLDC initiates…