The Arts Partnership (TAP) is the umbrella arts organization for the greater Fargo/West Fargo (ND) and Moorhead (MN) metro area, with a goal of enriching our community through a variety of arts experiences. As the Metro’s non-denominational arts entity, TAP provides the “big picture vision” for the arts community and serves as its collective voice:
- We raise awareness about and advocate for understanding of the value of the arts in all sectors (government, business, education and the general public).
- We have a strong communications arm that amplifies communications about the arts. Communicating about the arts is the single most effective way to spread the word not only about upcoming arts events but the economic and societal value of the arts in our community.
- We enhance the artistic quality of local arts activities and preserve diverse cultural and artistic traditions through direct and indirect support to non-profits presenting or producing arts experiences and to individual artists.
In our role as the Metro’s arts council, we implement strategies to cultivate the arts:
- We make grants to local artists (supported by individual donors) and arts organizations (on behalf of the Cities of Fargo, West Fargo and Moorhead).
- We plan and implement multi-disciplinary programming that doesn’t fit easily under a single arts-producing/presenting organization, such as our Community Supported Arts (CSA) program that connects artists/performers to arts consumers or ChalkFest, our community’s largest, free art-making annual event.