Massachusetts Institute of Technology Office of the Arts
The Office of the Arts is the central administrative arts headquarters at MIT, established to oversee, coordinate, support, and facilitate arts activities for the Institute. Headed by the Associate Provost, the Office works to:
- establish and sustain rigorous curricular, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs in the arts at MIT;
- support the continuing integration of the creative and performing arts into the MIT community;
- facilitate communication, outreach, and participation between MIT and the Greater Boston community;
- promote cultural affirmation through the arts; and
- lead the Institute in addressing national arts issues.
Under the direction of the Associate Provost, the Office of the Arts oversees, supports and promotes arts activities on campus through its three branches: Student & Artist-in-Residence Programs, the Council for the Arts at MIT, and Arts Communication.
The MIT Office of the Arts also administers the Student Art Association, which offers extra-curricular classes and facilities in traditional visual arts.