Action for Environmental Sustainability
Action for Environmental Sustainability (AFES) was established in February 2007 got registered in 2011 by the Council for Non Governmental organizations (CONGOMA) and the government of Malawi as a non governmental organization under the trustees Incorporation act.
The Organization is also governed by five members of trustees who meets twice every year and it has a seperate Management structure which is headed by Executive Officer and manages the day to day operations of the organisation.
MISSIONOF THE ORGANISATION
To promote sustainable environmental use and poverty reduction through the creation and implementation of dynamic initiatives that provide alternatives for addressing the most critical root causes of environmental problems and poverty in communities
VISION OF THE ORGANISATION
A sustainable environment that provides improved living standards for every one
OBJECTIVES OF THE ORGNIASATION
- To work with communities work towards achievement of a sustainable environment and poverty reduction.
- To build the communities capacity for responding and adoption to climatic change.
- To promote food security through best agricultural practices which are sustainable to the environment.
- To provide response for disaster risk reduction and management
- To promote community water, sanitation and hygiene.
Natural resource management and biodiversity conservation.
Sustainable energy/ clean development mechanism.
Water, saniatation and hygiene initiatives.
Livelihood enhencement,food security and poverty reduction.
Climatic change and disaster risk reduction