Mindful Citizen Foundation
- WE, a year ago, launched the May issue in record time (after being shut down by the corporate owner of Conscious Choice), and it was the very first under the Mindful Metropolis masthead; an independent, local, metro Chicago-centric, employee-owned publication;
- WE are a free publication, but given the market downturn, cannot survive on advertising dollars alone. Our deficit is small but without corporate involvement, very real;
- WE plan to create the Mindful Citizen Foundation (MCF) will be outreach and education. Our focus will be on underserved communities where a shift in social or environmental justice needs some light in order to bear the fruit of change. We’ll use the power of the media to tell the stories, to find the facts, to be the beacon of clean progress. All processes of media will be incorporated through integrated resources: events, print, video, virtual media and radio. Mindful Citizens is a call to action built on a foundation of the experience of journalistic storytelling and live citizen to citizen interaction. The MCF will utilize the Mindful Citizen members as a foundation for community engagement and outreach.
- WE believe in print but are forever expanding our integrated media offerings & partnerships. Chicago’s conscious community needs a voice. There is no other media offering like ours in metro Chicago.
- WE don’t care about us, we care about being able to continue to provide that voice. Help us. Support us. And we promise to continue to highlight the best of metro Chicago’s Conscious Community.
- WE cannot do it alone. If you value independent, local, employee-owned, non-corporate media, please consider supporting us and starting to engage with others by becoming a Mindful Citizen today
- WE reach 100,000 metro Chicagoans wishing to live more sustainable, more connected, & more naturally healthy lives. Help us to continue to magnify that voice step by step, and action by action. It only takes a small amount, from an army of many.
- WE already have solid plans to utilize the Mindful Citizen program to help establish the Mindful Citizen Foundation (MCF), a non-profit which will be the organic offspring of Mindful Metropolis. Critical to its success will be the sustained success of Mindful Metropolis magazine and associated media (video, events, interactive, social media & community media partners) to anchor & amplify the efforts of the MCF.
- WE are doing better and better, the response from the community has been largely positive and overwhelming. They like our style, our content, and our ways, but we need your help. Reader enthusiasm has not been translated into sufficient revenue, nor the depth of engagement that suggests is necessary for effective change. For these multiple reasons we have created the Mindful Citizen initiative.
- WE magnify, and give voice, and disseminate hundreds, if not thousands, of good people, doing good things, for themselves, their environment & their community.