Massachusetts Biotechnology Council
The Massachusetts Biotechnology Council is an association of more than 600 biotechnology companies, universities, academic institutions and others dedicated to advancing cutting edge research.
MassBio's mission is to foster a positive environment that enables each biotechnology company to achieve its full potential, making Massachusetts a world renowned center for biotechnology.
- Advance common goals and concerns of MassBio Member Companies.
- Provide an infrastructure for joint activities that serve the needs of the member companies through programs, events, advocacy and contracts and services.
- Create a suitable biotechnology business climate in which the regulatory, legislative and public environment recognizes and supports the social and economic benefits of biotechnology in Massachusetts.
- Provide educational and informational activities to aid local, state and federal officials and the general public in making informed decisions about issues concerning biotechnology.
- Support the education foundation, MassBioEd, which promotes science education at all levels, workforce development, and public awareness of biotechnology.
- Encourage and facilitate economic development of the Massachusetts biotechnology industry.