Legacy Corps- Lutheran Social Services of Illinois
St Matthew Center for Health
1601 N Western Ave
The mission of Legacy Corps is:
"to serve as multi-generational ambassadors who are committed to preserving the wisdom of the past, applying knowledge to community need in the present, and transferring these gifts to future generations."
The objectives of Legacy Corps are:
1. Implement a national service model to attract/retain 50+ adults for volunteer community service.
2. Create new meaningful roles and service opportunities for older adults to volunteer.
3. Recruit multi-generational service teams for co-learning and service experiences.
4. Provide transition/career pathways for 50+ adults from service to full or part-time paid employment to strengthen the non-profit sector.
5. Engage and integrate the resources of the private-public sector for community revitalization
6. Test out innovative incentives to attract and retain older adults as volunteers.
7. Effect changes in national and state policies that impact senior volunteerism through evidence based research.
8. Conduct national research and evaluation through active project site participation to establish base-line and on-going performance measures that demonstrate individual and organizational impact.
9. Expand community capacity to meet identified human service needs through volunteer service.