GuideStar USA Inc.
If you care about nonprofits and the work they do, then you're affected by what GuideStar does. We gather and publicize information about nonprofit organizations. Our reach is far and wide. Our database is broad and deep.
We encourage nonprofits to share information about their organizations openly and completely. Any nonprofit in our database can update its report with information about its mission, programs, leaders, goals, accomplishments, and needs—for free. We combine the information that nonprofits supply with data from several other sources.
If you're new to GuideStar, search the site to find the nonprofit information you need—it's free! You'll get even more information if you complete our registration form and log in—also free!
Why are we so passionate about nonprofit information? Because the best possible decisions are made when donors, funders, researchers, educators, professional service providers, governing agencies, and the media use the quality information that we provide. Those decisions affect our world today and will continue to affect it for generations to come.
We have an ambitious plan for long-term sustainability that combines public and philanthropic support with earned revenue. Subscriptions and licensing fees for our services provide important financial support for our work—in 2008, they made up 67 percent of our total revenue. The remaining 33 percent of our operating revenue came from our foundation membership program, program-related grants, and contributions. As a public charity, providing nonprofit information to a broad audience at no cost to those users is an important part of our public service, one that we pledge to continue.
We hope you'll connect with nonprofits through our site and support their good work. If you like what you find on GuideStar, we'd also appreciate your support for our work. Learn more about making a donation to GuideStar.