Empower Oregon families experiencing disability in their pursuit of a whole life by expanding awareness, growing community, and equipping families.
Families have high expectations and a vision for the future where all communities are accessible, welcoming, and embrace that disability is natural.
Values: What Drives Our Work
- Disability is natural
- The importance of high expectations
- Self-determination must be assured
- Whole lives happen when families experiencing disability engage with their communities
- Family involvement is critical throughout the life of a family member with a disability
- Equitable access for all and respect for cultural differences
FACT Oregon conducts 100+ trainings every year free for families, and also supports access to trainings by hosting webinars and a growing number of online trainings. Sometimes, though, there are parent gatherings that would like to have FACT Oregon come share specifically with their group.
To describe our vision for expanding awareness (#ExpandingAwareness) in Oregon, FACT Oregon will:
- Actively promote that disability is a natural part of the human experience among families, at schools, and in Oregon communities.
- Teach families, children, teachers, and community partners the importance of self-determination and having high expectations for all people experiencing disability.
- Work to ensure Oregon citizens, schools, businesses, and community partners know and appreciate that people with disabilities are our neighbors, teachers, employees, employers, parents, and friends.
2018 All Ability Tri4Youth (Volunteer Opportunity)