Habitat for Humanity San Fernando Santa Clarita Valleys
We are a locally run, independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving North Los Angeles City and County, building houses and futures for low-income families. We specialize in building our unique Enriched Neighborhood™ communities, which we are currently building for low-income veterans in collaboration with the California Department of Veterans Affairs. To date, we have built 271 homes and are among the top 5% of Habitat affiliates nationwide to reach this goal. Habitat for Humanity San Fernando/Santa Clarita Valleys was founded in 1990 as an affiliate for Habitat of Humanity International.
We strive to provide a decent, safe and affordable place to live for every man, woman and child in the San Fernando Santa Clarita and Antelope Valleys. We further promote education and self-sufficiency by connecting our recipients to social services.
Our Core Values...
- Advocacy for the elimination of substandard housing & the creation of safe neighborhoods for all.
- The importance of home stability in addition to the opportunity for advancement.
- The advancement of human rights and fair housing around the world.
- Excellence in home construction and volunteer experiences.
- Inclusion, diversity and respect for all.
- Environmental and financial sustainability.
Our Recipients & Friends...
- Low-income working families
- Veterans, service-disabled veterans and families of the fallen
- All populations interested in volunteerism, including youth
- All who are interested in financially advancing our mission