Manor College is a private, Catholic, co-ed, independent institution of higher learning founded in suburban Montgomery County in 1947 by the Byzantine Ukrainian Sisters of Saint Basil the Great. In 1959, Manor was chartered and incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as Manor Junior College. The College was approved by the State Council of Education, Department of Instruction on June 17, 1964.
As an institution of higher learning related to the Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Eastern tradition, the College is committed to the preservation of its spiritual and ethnic heritage. Manor College is sponsored and administered by the Sisters of Saint Basil the Great, whose heritage and tradition are the pursuit of truth and the building of a Christian community. Manor reflects this heritage and tradition. The College is legally governed by a twenty-one (21) member Board of Trustees, consisting of lay men and women from the business and professional communities, and religious Sisters of the Order of Saint Basil the Great.