Search

Nonprofit

Samaritan Center for Young Boys & Families

Joined in April 2012

About Us

The mission of the Samaritan Center for Young Boys & Families is as a Christian, residential, early intervention program founded to provide love, education and discipline to young boys & their families.

Samaritan Center is a 5-day residential, early intervention program addressing behavioral and academic issues of young boys at risk. Boys attend school daily with teachers (1: 8 ratio) and skilled volunteer tutors greatly advancing their academic progress. Living in campus group homes with Teaching Parents providing love, counseling and discipline, the boys learn to make good life choices and have respect for self and others. Learning there are consequences to every action, good or bad, the boys are empowered realizing they can have control over their destiny and create a better life.

Parents/guardians participate in mandatory counseling and parenting classes addressing the home environment as part of a successful restorative program. For 43 years we have kept families together and boys out of the juvenile court system by equipping them with skills to break histories of dysfunction. We also offer counseling and parenting classes to the community as part of a preventative initiative.

No boy and his family are turned away due to an inability to pay tuition. Yet families are required to pay some portion of the tuition (based on financial ability) in order to have a “buy in” to the program. As a result, tuition collected amounts to less than 6% of the budget. We must raise the remaining 94% of the funding through our own efforts and the generosity of individuals and corporate sponsors. We receive no government funding.

The need is great to help us reconcile families and build men….one boy at a time.

The mission of the Samaritan Center for Young Boys & Families is as a Christian, residential, early intervention program founded to provide love, education and discipline to young boys & their families.

Samaritan Center is a 5-day…

Issue Areas Include

  • Children & Youth
  • Education
  • Family
  • Religion & Spirituality

Location

  • 1490 SE Cove Road
    Stuart, FL 34997

Join Idealist

Sign up today to save your favorite organizations and get email alerts when new ones are posted.