The RCAH at MSU is an innovative living-learning degree option
for students who want to combine a small-college experience with the resources
and opportunities available at a major university. The RCAH is home to
individuals with diverse interests, skills, and talents. Our students:
- have a passion for civic engagement, particularly in its democratic and generative potential to
affect positive societal change through the arts and humanities
- engage in literature, history, ethics,
the visual and performing arts, and the study of languages and cultures
- chart their own path with ongoing advising and career development support
- value individual expression, exploration
- develop close working relationships with
faculty and staff with similar interests.
In the RCAH, students have the
opportunity to live and learn together, engage in the arts and humanities
through experiential learning, focus critical attention on the public issues we
face, and build community within and beyond Snyder-Phillips Hall.