Alberta Health Services Home Care
The goals of our program are:
- To decrease the social isolation of Home Care clients, thereby increasing their quality of life.
- To assist clients in maintaining independence and continuing to live in the community.
- To provide clients with moments of happiness in the present and something to look forward to in the immediate future.
- To provide an enriching experience for volunteers, as well as the clients they assist.
- Community Visitors – Volunteers are matched one-on-one with a client to provide companionship and support independence in the client’s home. Volunteers assist with activities such as going for walks, having coffee, doing crafts, baking, and going to community events.
- Grocery Shoppers – Volunteers are matched one-on-one with a client to provide support and encourage independence through the task of grocery shopping. Depending on client needs, the volunteer may shop either with or without the client on a weekly or biweekly basis.
- Medical Drivers – Volunteers provide transportation to and from medical appointments for clients who are unable to access other transportation options in the community. Volunteers may meet several clients over the course of a week or month.
- Food Bank Drivers – Volunteers are matched with a client who needs a monthly hamper from Edmonton’s Food Bank. This position strictly requires daytime, weekday availability.
Do you work for Alberta Health Services Home Care? Become an administrator