Vermont Community Access Media
VCAM Mission Statement:
"Vermont Community Access Media seeks to foster free speech and public dialog by providing easy access to the electronic media to all citizens of the VCAM service area on a nondiscriminatory basis for nonprofit and noncommercial purposes" VCAM Statement of Purpose: (from VCAM's Articles of Incorporation)
The specific purposes of this corporation are:
1. To foster free speech and public dialog by making easy, low-cost access to the electronic media available to all citizens of the VCAM service area for nonprofit and noncommercial purposes;
2. To support, the production and distribution of noncommercial community-based media programs by providing individuals, organizations and institutions on a non-discriminatory basis the necessary resources to produce programming for the noncommercial access channel(s) including production of studio and video equipment, training and channel time;
3. To encourage the broadest possible community involvement in the electronic media, especially by encouraging use of access channels among a wide range of individuals, organizations and institutions within the service area of the corporation;
4. To facilitate the use of the public access channels as a public forum which promotes a free exchange of ideas and information;
5. To assure that no censorship over program content of the public access channels exists, except as necessary to comply with applicable laws, legal obligations, and the principles of nonprofit and noncommercial programming.
6. To ensure that no individual is discriminated against with regard to services, access to information or any activity of Vermont Community Access Media because of race, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, physical disability, political affiliation or economic status.
7. To solicit additional funds and resources for, and serve as a vehicle for the funding of access activities in the area served by the corporation.