Oakland Unified School District (OUSD) will build a Full Service Community District focused on high academic achievement while serving the whole child, eliminating inequity, and providing each child with excellent teachers, every day.
All OUSD students will find joy in their academic experience while graduating with the skills to ensure they are caring, competent, fully-informed, critical thinkers who are prepared for college, career, and community success.
Priority 1: Effective Talent Programs
Priority 2: Accountable School District
Priority 3: Quality Community Schools
• Provide every student with access to a high-quality school
• Ensure each student is prepared for college, career, and community success
• Staff every school with talented individuals committed to working in service of children
• Create a school district that holds itself and its partners accountable for superior outcomes
• Guarantee rigorous instruction in every classroom, every day
OUSD partners with AmeriCorps VISTA to provide VISTAs to different department under OUSD. Each VISTA member makes a year-long, full-time commitment to serve on a specific project at a nonprofit organization or public agency. In return for their service, AmeriCorps VISTA members receive a modest living allowance and limited health benefit options during their service, and have the option of receiving a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or post-service stipend
after completing their service. About 6,500 VISTAs are placed each year in more than 1,200 projects in low-income communities around the country.This page is made to seek more VISTAs to help in the Oakland Community with the Oakland Unified School District.
Please check the link below to understand more about AmeriCorps VISTAs and how you can get involved: http://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-vista/what-vista-members-do