Uganda Rural Fund (URF)
URF is a 501(c)(3) grassroots non-profit organization registered in United and Uganda that empowers AIDS orphans, underprivileged youth and women to fight poverty in rural communities, through educational and sustainable development opportunities.
Our community programs include:
- Mirembe Children's Home, an orphanage providing shelter, healthcare, education, and social support to children up to age 18.
- Hope Schools, encompassing kindergarten, primary, secondary, and vocational programs that provide a well-rounded quality education for orphans and other vulnerable children in rural villages.
- Health: Medical Clinic, medical camps, village health workers, and health education in schools and communities
- Women empowerment - crafts, entreprenuership and leadership training, microfinance
- Youth empowerment: youth camps, peer counseling, self-help projects, community services, leadership skills
- Leadership Institute for leadership development among youth and adults
- Village bank enabling over 300 rural women to access credit to start small income-generating projects;
- Building homes for child-headed families
- Water and Sanitation - building clean water, sanitation and solar energy systems through a partnership with Engineers With Boarder
Project Pictures: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ugandaruralfund/
Teach in Uganda, Africa (Volunteer Opportunity)
Leadership Development Volunteer in Africa (Volunteer Opportunity)
Orphanage Volunteer (Volunteer Opportunity)
Volunteer in Rural Uganda, Africa (Volunteer Opportunity)