Cambridge Symphony Orchestra
The CSO is a top-level community orchestra of eighty musicians. Currently in its 37th season, it is highly respected for both its artistry and commitment to community involvement. The full orchestra presents a series of five programs during the season, including one Family Concert. In addition, smaller groups from within the orchestra make up the CSO Chamber Players, who present two programs. Several of the programs are presented twice: once in a public venue and once in an outreach setting for audiences who have limited access to live, classical music. Membership in the orchestra is open to adult amateurs without audition.
The CSO strives
- to provide playing experience for interested amateur musicians.
- to afford players a non-pressured atmosphere for improving their abilities.
- to provide a service for the community by performing for such audiences as community schools, the elderly, libraries, etc.
- to provide a channel for the presentation and commissioning of new works.
- to provide an opportunity for its members to perform as soloists with the orchestra.