Komen Greater Detroit

  • Michigan

Address

24601 Northwestern Highway
Southfield
Michigan
48075
United States

About Us

The Komen Detroit Race for the Cure (RFTC) was established in 1992 in partnership with the Michigan Cancer Foundation, now the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute. The Karmanos Cancer Institute is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, and has always served as the Komen Detroit RFTC Local Presenting Sponsor. Since the first Detroit Race in 1992, more than $29 million has been raised and invested in the fight against breast cancer consistent with Susan G. Komen’s formula of 25 percent of net proceeds dedicated to Komen’s research grant program, and the remaining 75 percent invested into local community grants supporting screening, treatment support and education for underserved communities. Since 1992, approximately $15,187,500 has been invested into local community grants.


The Komen Greater Detroit Affiliate was established as a 501c3 in 2016 after separation from the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute who started the Komen Detroit Race for the Cure event in 1992. The inaugural Board of Directors was formed to build the framework of a $1 million –plus revenue generating Affiliate within the Susan G. Komen Affiliate Network poised to expand Komen’s work throughout Southeast Michigan.

Latest Listings

Komen Greater Detroit Volunteer Workshop (Volunteer Opportunity)


Share:

Share: