SEWA Grih Rin
- New Delhi
The Self Employed Women’s Association (SEWA), founded in 1972, is a trade union of poor self-employed women workers in the informal sector. The SEWA group includes over ten established social businesses for its members, from insurance to vocational training, which are managed by professionals but owned by poor women and run for their benefit and to improve the quality of their lives. Two of these – the SEWA Bank and Mahila Housing SEWA Trust (MHT), are promoting SEWA Grih Rin (SGR), a new Housing Finance Company (HFC) that will provide affordable housing loans to low-income households across India.
We are looking for a female candidate for the post of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of SEWA Grih Rin in New Delhi, with a minimum of 5 years experience in the banking or financial sectors preferable. The ideal candidate will have significant experience leading a large organization, particularly through periods of rapid expansion. Must be self-driven, results-oriented, and a team leader. She must be able to:
- Plan, develop and implement an operating strategy for the successful start-up and long-term financial and organizational sustainability of Sewa Grih Rin.
- Be able to interact easily with poor women and to win their confidence
- Develop and implement operational plan to guide SEWA Mutual Benefit Trust (SMBT), the promoter of SGR, in day-to-day operations.
- Assist in raising and managing funds for SGR and SMBT.
- Establish and maintain appropriate financial, regulatory, and knowledge management systems.
- Monitor and evaluate SGR and SMBT performance.
- Hold regular meetings with SGR and SMBT Board.
- Ensure compliance of laws, regulations and management missions for SGR and SMBT.
- Recruit, hire and train personnel to achieve a full-capacity organization.
- Set-up office for SGR/SMBT in New Delhi.
- Build up and manage a portfolio of housing loans.
Candidate must have a fair understanding of finance. Must be fluent in English and Hindi. Qualification/experience in microfinance is desirable, though not essential. Salary will be Rs 60,000 to Rs 100,000 per month and commensurate with qualification and experience. Interested candidates may apply with detailed resume within 7days from the date of advertisement. Please also check sites www.sewa.org and www.sewabharat.org, www.sewadelhi.org before applying.
Do you work for SEWA Grih Rin? Become an administrator