Center of Excellence for Global Trade & Supply Chain Management
Established in March 2007 as The Center of Excellence for International Trade, Transportation and Logistics at Highline Community College, the Center of Excellence for Global Trade & Supply Chain Management is supported by funding from the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges. It is one of 10 such centers around the state focused on different industry sectors which have been identified as strategic to the economic growth of our state.
These Centers serve as primary vehicles for the sector approach to economic development. Because they represent all community and technical colleges in Washington State, they provide educational efficiencies and are able to respond quickly and efficiently to industry’s changing needs.
In collaboration with community & technical colleges, industry & industry associations, labor, K-12 and Universities, the Center works to:
- Maintain an institutional reputation for innovation and responsive education and training delivery to the Global Trade & Supply Chain Management industry.
- Act as a broker of information and resources related to the industry for industry representatives, community-based organizations, economic development organizations, community and technical colleges, secondary education institutions, and four-year colleges and universities.
- Translate industry research into best practices.
- Explore and develop pathways through better educational system coordination, to assist in building seamless educational and work-related systems.
- Design training that is industry relevant, timely and that can be delivered using various methods in order to build a competitive workforce for this driving industry in Washington State.