Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society
- New York
The Lake Placid-North Elba Historical Society (the Society) is a membership organization created in 1948 for the purpose of documenting and preserving the history of the Village of Lake Placid and the Town of North Elba in New York State. In 1967, Francis and Louise Brewster, two patrons of the Society purchased the Train Station from the Penn Central Railroad Corporation, which had ceased both passenger and freight operations into Lake Placid. The Station was given to the Society to provide a permanent home for the organization as well as to create a museum. The Society is a 501(c)(3) organization and is chartered by the New York State Board of Regents.