PS The Children
- Petaling Jaya
No. 5 Jalan 7/14
P.S. The Children is an organization that envisions a society that upholds the rights and dignity of all children through protection from sexual abuse and sexual exploitation. We create safer communities by establishing effective prevention education as well as by providing treatment and support services for child survivors and their families.
We are a non-profit, non-governmental and non-religious organization registered under the Registrar of Society Malaysia since January 2002. The organization currently supports itself through project-based corporate funding, donations and fundraising.
We are currently looking for a Leader who has a heart for child protection work.
Join us as an Assistant Director:
Reports to: Executive Director and the Board of Directors
Major Functions/ Accountabilities:
A) Program and Project Management
- Lead and plan the delivery of overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Conduct program evaluation to assess the strength of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop annual budget and operating plan to support the program.
- In consultation with the Executive Director, recruit, interview and select well qualified project staff.
B) Technical Assistance
- Provide consultation, support, training and resource information to Community Child Sexual Abuse and/or Sexual Exploitation Programs, and other relevant organizations or individuals as required.
C) Development and Training
- Develop IEC materials and other communication strategies to increase community awareness
- Lead Trainers/Facilitators in prevention of child sexual abuse and/or sexual exploitation related trainings for projects and for the partner agencies replicating the program
D) Partnerships and Advocacy
- Promote prevention effort levels through advocacy, support, networking and consultation with national organizations/government/task forces/ad hoc committees/work groups to strengthen policies or provide written statements for use in testimony or public statements, or other identified means.
Please send in your resume if you are interested, possess at least 5 years relevant experience and are willing to relocate to Malaysia. Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org You are requested to send a cover letter detailing why you are well suited for this position. All applications must be received by February 15th, 2012.
Be a partner for social change.
Do you work for PS The Children? Become an administrator