Hearts Everywhere Reaching Out for Children, Inc.

  • Georgia

Address

580 West Crossville Road
Suite 204
Roswell
Georgia
30075
United States

About Us

Founded in 2003, H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc.’s mission is to improve the quality of life for children infected with affected by HIV and AIDS through enriching programs unforgettable experiences, and connections with the community.

Our programs and services include a mentoring program (Super HEROes); a life skills program (Rising HEROes); a week-long, summer, residential camp opportunity (Camp High Five); an annual holiday outreach program where we provide children with one gift they need and one gift they want for the holiday season (Holiday of HEROes); and our newest program – Bright HEROes, an educational enrichment scholarship program. All programs and services are provided free of charge to our clientele.

H.E.R.O. for Children, Inc. currently impacts more than 350 infected and affected children (between the ages of 6 to 21) through 18,000 hours of quality of life care with more than a thousand volunteers annually. The majority of our target population served reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area (over 65% between Fulton and DeKalb counties alone). Approximately 33% of HERO children are HIV positive and the other 67% are affected (i.e. have an infected parent, sibling, residential relative, or have lost a relative to HIV/AIDS-related complications). Twenty-five percent (25%) of HERO children have lost a parent as a result of HIV/AIDS-related complication and almost 90% come from low-income families (household incomes of $15,000/year of less).

Latest Listings

Volunteer Mentors Needed (Volunteer Opportunity)

Volunteer Licensed Barbers Needed (Volunteer Opportunity)

Volunteers needed for Back-to-School Event (Volunteer Opportunity)


Share:

Share: