Jewish Family Services of Delaware
The mission of JFS of Delaware is to strengthen individuals, families and the community by providing counseling and support services, based on Jewish values.
JFS is guided by the moral mandate to 'repair the world' by strengthening the well being of the individual, family and community. JFS of Delaware's services are available to everyone without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status.
The agency especially targets individuals and families from high-risk, low-income neighborhoods who may face barriers to receiving services due to lack of funds, transportation, or knowledge of available resources.
• Adults, adolescents, children, and families to help them deal with life's challenges, cope and find solutions to problems that they face, grow and reach their full potential, lead meaningful, happy and productive lives and become more caring, compassionate and better able to communicate.
• Older and physically challenged adults to help them lead independent and fulfilling lives.
• At-Risk youth to help them develop critical thinking and problem solving skills, communication skills, the ability to cooperate and avoid angry and violent content, and positive social skills necessary to lead productive lives, and successfully continue their education.
COUNSELING focusing upon the development of behaviors to improve emotional well being. Services include:
• Outpatient mental health counseling and psychiatric services
• Healing Hearts-A co-parenting educational program for divorcing parents
• Volunteer transportation to medical appointments, grocery store, and more
• Volunteer assistance with household chores, light yard work, technology training, and more
• Dedicated professional Care Manager who can advocate for services and navigate complex systems to meet member's needs
• Social programs
CARE MANAGEMENT focusing upon the needs of the elderly and the physically challenged by identifying and assessing their needs and helping them live independently in safe and secure environments. Services include:
• Care Management
• Housekeeping Services
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT focusing upon development of skills to obtain employment. Services include:
• Media Matters teaches at risk youth technological skills
• FutureNet focuses on employment skills including attainment of the GED
• Émigré Services educates families who were forced to leave their countries of origin on new skills for employment