JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School
The mission of JCDS, Boston’s Jewish Community Day School, is to provide a premier education that:
- Nurtures each student’s capacity for intellectual discovery and decision-making within a respectful, pluralist, bilingual Hebrew-English environment.
- Gives our graduates the ability to create their futures informed by Jewish values, texts and culture, and to make a difference in their communities and the world.
- Kindles the flame of lifelong learning in all its constituencies and serves as an inspirational model of innovative, effective and joyful teaching and learning beyond the school.
Our Core Values:
- JCDS’ course of study is rigorous and intentional, yet flexible and personalized. Academic Excellence is built on strong skills, citizenship, and Jewish literacy set in a nurturing and relaxed atmosphere.
- JCDS fosters curiosity, cherishes varied perspectives, engages students and welcomes every family as a partner. JCDS’ Intentional Pluralism embraces families from a broad range of Jewish expression, practice, and belief through our shared traditions, texts, and language.
- In JCDS’ cutting-edge Hebrew instruction program, students experience and learn in both Hebrew and English Throughout the Dayin a single, integrated curriculum, which connects our teaching units across disciplines and between Jewish and General studies.
- JCDS is a Joyful Jewish Community that learns and celebrates together in rich, colorful, and meaningful ways. The creative community spirit and school mission go well beyond the walls of JCDS, for events like life cycle celebrations, Shabbat meals, and weekend soccer games.
- At JCDS each child is known by the faculty and administration. A culture of caring teachers, parents, and peers supports the high aspirations of our hard working students. This Whole Child approach leads to students who grow to be the best version of themselves.
Do you work for JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School? Become an administrator