Wentworth Institute of Technology
At Wentworth Institute of Technology, our students are constantly engaged in the process of making – and of making things better. When you join our community, you'll take on that mission for yourself. You'll learn to not only master your area of expertise but also to collaborate with other students and professionals from across the university and region. You'll benefit from our interdisciplinary curriculum, which combines rigorous studies with practical learning opportunities, and spend hours in our leading-edge labs and studios bringing your ideas to life. You'll learn firsthand how Wentworth's multifaceted approach will equip you with the broad skills, deep knowledge, and real-world experience you need to excel.
Wentworth's core purpose and mission is to empower, inspire and innovate through experiential learning.
Wentworth’s vision for the future is to become nationally recognized as the university of choice for externally-collaborative, project-based, interdisciplinary learning.
At Wentworth, our core values reflect that we are student-centered, that we are passionate for real-life, hands-on teaching and learning, and that innovation and creativity are at the center of what we do. We express these three core values as Students first – The world is our classroom –Thinking without a box.
College of Professional & Continuing Education
The College of Professional and Continuing Education enables adult learners to achieve their educational and career objectives, with evening, weekend, and online courses designed to fit busy lifestyles.
We offer multiple continuing education opportunities including associate, bachelor's and master's degree programs, professional and graduate certificate programs, and workforce training and development courses. We are dedicated to helping our students achieve success in every role and at every level.
Ready to Take the Next Step in Your Career?
Wentworth offers six master’s degree programs designed to take your career to the next level. Whether you’re an early- to mid-career professional in architecture ready to advance, or working in the construction, facility, technology, or engineering field and looking to add management skills to your portfolio, Wentworth’s programs will help you succeed. Our graduate programs are designed for motivated and ambitious professionals and offered through two of our colleges:
- College of Professional and Continuing Education (CPCE) awards degrees to working professionals with unlimited potential but limited time. Earn your master’s degree in less than two years by taking classes in the evening and online. Learning in a cohort, you’ll gain knowledge and skills through both theoretical and practical lessons.
- College of Architecture, Design, and Construction Management (CADCM) awards master’s degrees in architecture. Immerse yourself in our on-campus, full-time/daytime program for one (available only to Wentworth B.S. in Architecture students), two, or three years. Studying in Boston, a city known for its blend of traditional and modern architecture, you’ll gain the insight, skills, and perspective needed to pursue a meaningful career in architecture.
Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Workforce Training Programs
Wentworth Institute of Technology is accredited by the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc.
U.S. News & World Report
- #71 in the “Regional Universities (North)” category
- #44 in “Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs Whose Highest Degree is a Bachelor’s or Master’s”
- Ranked among top 7 for occupational earnings power (score 100/100 places Wentworth among schools like CalTech, Harvey Mudd, & New Jersey Institute of Technology)
- Among top 2% of U.S. schools for value-added earnings (score of 92/100)
- One of the lowest student loan default rates at colleges in the state—and lowest in the country among four-year private colleges
- #21 in relation to 20-year net return on investment, including both private and public (with out-of-state tuition) institutions
- Named a “Hidden Gem” due to Wentworth being among schools that provide the greatest value-added boost to their alumni in the occupational earnings power category
- Ranked among top 8% of universities by return on investment
- #106 in College ROI Report and #93 in College Salary report
- Listed in “Best Colleges: Region by Region" category for the Northeastern United States for the 10th year in a row
- Also listed as one of 11 “featured” schools in this category
- Listed in the 2017 edition of the "Guide to Green Colleges." Universities must achieve a score of 80+ (out of 99 possible points) to make the guide, and Wentworth earned a score of 86.
- Ranked Wentworth's Construction Management program #2 nationally
National Center for Education Statistics
- #5 nationally in Construction Management
- Wentworth earned 2015 Community Engagement Classification from the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll
- Earned in 2014 (the highest federal recognition institutions of higher learning can receive for community service, service learning, and civic engagement)
- Ranks Wentworth #5 on the list of best starting salaries for graduates of Mass. schools ($55,500)
Colleges of Distinction
- Among 19 listed colleges and universities in Massachusetts
- Wentworth is listed at 443 among 706 schools nationwide. MONEY ranks colleges on a combination of educational quality, affordability, and alumni success. MONEY also adjusts some the success measures for the demographics of each school’s student body.
The Wall Street Journal
- The Wall Street Journal’s college rankings place Wentworth at #495. The Journal's rankings focus on student experience and alumni success (after accounting for the student body’s demographics). They do not take tuition prices or generosity of financial aid into consideration.
- Wentworth Institute is listed at number 3 on the list of top colleges and universities in the region for career preparation, according to a survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal and Times Higher Education.
Times Higher Education
- Times Higher Education and The Wall Street Journal released overall college rankings that “place a heavy weight” on student outcomes, including the educational debt they accrue and the salaries graduates, earn. Wentworth was placed in the top 500 (#478). For college “outcomes,” the Institute earned a spot at #284.
- Named Wentworth to its “Safest Colleges in Massachusetts 2016” list
Best Value Schools
- Wentworth is ranked #5 nationally among the 50 Best Value Schools for Construction Management 2016