The mission of Therapy Animals of Utah is sharing the comfort, love,
hope and healing of the human-animal bond through training, service, education,
In order to accomplish
this mission, we dedicate ourselves to these programs:
- The recruitment, training, mentoring, and support of qualified
volunteer Pet Partner teams.
- Facility site assessment and preparation for our volunteer teams, including education of healthcare, social service, library and education
professionals to effectively partner with the teams to enhance
their client’s therapeutic
- Volunteer service of our members to people in physical and mental
health treatment, rehabilitation, short and long term care facilities,
shelters, libraries, and schools.
- Community education concerning the benefits of animal-assisted
interactions and the human animal bond;
- Special research projects and partnerships with educational
institutions or human health professionals to explore the potential of
animal-assisted therapy and other aspects of the human-animal bond.
We commit ourselves to this mission because we value respect, service, quality, and
the integrity of mutually beneficial relationships.
- In all that we
do, we will demonstrate that every person and animal has value and is worthy of respect.
- We believe that
service to others is a worthy and valued endeavor.
- We will never
compromise our standards or the quality of service we provide to our volunteers, our clients, and
- We will consistently promote and share the love and healing power
of animals in an ethical and mutually beneficial
We envision a world where animals are
highly valued as teachers, healers and essential contributors to human health and