Therapy Animals of Utah
The mission of Therapy Animals of Utah is sharing the comfort, love, hope and healing of the human-animal bond through training, service, education, and research.
In order to accomplish this mission, we dedicate ourselves to these programs:
- The recruitment, training, mentoring, and support of qualified volunteer Pet Partner teams.
- Facility site assessment and preparation for our volunteer teams, including education of healthcare, social service, library and education professionals to effectively partner with the teams to enhance their client’s therapeutic experience;
- Volunteer service of our members to people in physical and mental health treatment, rehabilitation, short and long term care facilities, shelters, libraries, and schools.
- Community education concerning the benefits of animal-assisted
interactions and the human animal bond;
- Special research projects and partnerships with educational institutions or human health professionals to explore the potential of animal-assisted therapy and other aspects of the human-animal bond.
We commit ourselves to this mission because we value respect, service, quality, and the integrity of mutually beneficial relationships.
- In all that we do, we will demonstrate that every person and animal has value and is worthy of respect.
- We believe that service to others is a worthy and valued endeavor.
- We will never compromise our standards or the quality of service we provide to our volunteers, our clients, and the community.
- We will consistently promote and share the love and healing power of animals in an ethical and mutually beneficial manner.
We envision a world where animals are
highly valued as teachers, healers and essential contributors to human health and