For 20 years, FishWise has worked closely with the seafood industry to foster leadership in sustainability. We believe that the seafood industry not only has serious impacts on the health of oceans and the welfare of its workers, but also the potential to make an enormous contribution to the health of our planet and its inhabitants. Through our partnerships and extensive networks, FishWise offers pragmatic approaches and credible guidance for companies, NGOs, and governments to tackle some of the toughest challenges in sustainable seafood. By addressing environmental issues in fisheries and aquaculture production, improving traceability, and by catalyzing industry action toward social responsibility and decent work for all workers, FishWise aims to sustain ocean ecosystems and the people who depend on them by transforming global seafood supply chains.
FishWise achieves measurable impact through:
- Direct Supply Chain Engagement: FishWise works in partnership with individual companies across the seafood supply chain to advance each organization’s specific efforts to address environmental, social, illegal fishing, and traceability risks in their business and across their supply base.
- Collective Industry Engagement: FishWise works with coalitions of industry, NGOs, and other stakeholders to drive and scale change across groups of supply chain actors. This includes directly convening groups or supporting and collaborating with preexisting groups.
- Governance Reform: FishWise works in strategic partnerships to inform governments and regulatory bodies responsible for setting the rules all supply chain actors must follow to ensure compliance and accountability for all.
- Forward-thinking: We stay on the cutting edge of the dynamic field of sustainable seafood, creating actionable solutions for and with our business and NGO partners.
- Advocates: We use our voice to create and advance the work of others, raising awareness of urgent topics through dialogue with organizations of diverse voices and critical opinions.
- Passionate: We care about the wellbeing of workers and the health of the world’s oceans, and our passion inspires action and global change.
- Solution-oriented: We value the importance of working with different stakeholders to set ambitious yet achievable goals.
We advance our mission through working…
- Collaboratively: We partner with a wide range of companies and organizations to create and achieve shared goals together. Collective action is an essential component of lasting change.
- Innovatively: We are bold and curious, using new skills and solutions to solve intractable problems in order to translate an ideal vision of the world into a reality.
- Inclusively: We celebrate diversity and foster a supportive environment for all employees.
- Transparently: We are committed to being open and honest about decision making.
FishWise is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. We recognize diversity as important to accomplishing our work and view diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender, as well as age, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, job skills, education, and geographic location.