Turkish Industry and Business Association (TUSIAD) Washington Representative Office
Founded in 1971, the Turkish Industry and Business Association (TUSIAD) is an independent, non-governmental organization dedicated to promoting public welfare through private enterprise. TUSIAD supports independent research and policy discussions on important social and economic issues in Turkey and abroad. Much like the Business Roundtable, TUSIAD is comprised of CEOs and Executives of major industrial and services companies in Turkey, including those that are among global Fortune 500 companies.
TUSIAD has expanded its scope to include US-Turkish relations and launched its office in Washington, DC, in November 1998. Within the general framework of the mission of its parent organization, TUSIAD-US strives to:
- Be a conduit for exchange of information between Turkey and the United States on economic and political matters through conferences & panels, direct contacts, press releases, reports and periodicals;
- Establish its own line of communication with the US administration and agencies, congressional committees, think tanks, business organizations, media, and international organizations;
- Develop suggestions and formulate policy recommendations on ways to strengthen Turkish-US political, economic, and business ties;
- Enhance growing ties between the U.S. and Turkey by effectively representing and protecting the interests of the Turkish business community;
- Follow closely the new formulations of US foreign policy and keep the Turkish business community informed of the latest developments in the US that would have an impact on Turkey;
- Alert US public opinion to developments that have a direct or indirect bearing on Turkey.