Himalayan Adventure Institute
Located 300 kms north of Delhi, in the Shivalik Ranges of the Himalayas,the Himalayan Adventure Institute, Kempty Falls, Mussoorie was established in June 1994 as a registered society with the aim to take all possible steps to encourage the youth and develop their interests to outward bound educational activities.The institute was step up with the objective of initiating the spirit of adventure in youth and utilizing their holidays gainfully by orienteering them to adventure activiteis such as rock-climbing, exploration treks, forest exploration, wilderness, survival, rescue operations, map reading, navigation, jungle craft, and study of Himalayan environment and ecology, flora and fauna, mountain village life, cultures etc. The Institute is located in the amidst of the Himalayan grandeur overlooking cascading waterfalls of Kempty and surrounded by rich flora and faunaand gives wilderness experience combined with all comforts and pleasure of mountain resorts.
The Objectives - To initiate the spirit of adventure in our youth, utilize their holidays gainfully and inculcate self-confidence and courage, so very essential for their overall personality development.
- To help develop communication, co-operation and teamwork, which can be transferred back to the work place thus engendering a sense of trust and camaraderie within a group.
- To actively encourage the conservation of the natural environment and evolve a code of conduct and ethics to be followed by all participants as part of a continuing effort to maintain land sustain the well being of the Himalayan environment.
- To help develop human potential and environmental awareness through challenges facilitated in a fun and supportive manner.For healthy corporate environment, help develop communication skills, co-operation and team work which can be transferred back to the work place. Thus imbibing a sense of trust and camaraderie with in a group.
- To create awareness for the conservation of rich Himalayan Heritage, Cultures, Traditions, its flora and fauna.
- To take-up activities for the promotion of adventure tourism in Himalayas by conducting Short Training Programmes in adventure sports like rock climbing, artificial climbing, river rafting, skiing, glacial study tours and high altitude treks, Mountain Expeditions etc.
- To help develop human potential through challenges, facilitated in a fun filled environment in a supportive manner and also creating awareness for its protection.