Western North Carolina Housing Partnership
To work with organizations and individuals in both the public and private sectors, to develop quality, affordable housing for older adults and special populations in the 31 counties of Western North Carolina.
- Providing technical assistance grant money to the regions to encourage housing needs assessment and development planning.
- Working with local governments and other non-profits to identify housing needs.
- Recruiting and Partnering with private developers and non-profit organizations in the 31-county service area to meet identified housing needs.
- Serving as a liaison between developers and local, state, and federal governments.
- Working closely with management companies to implement and market services.
- Educating the general public and elected officials about affordable housing needs and services.
- Working closely with local social service providers to coordinate services for residents.
Alexander | Allegheny | Ashe | Avery | Burke | Buncombe | Caldwell | Catawba | Cherokee | Cleveland | Clay | Davie | Forsyth | Graham | Haywood | Henderson | Jackson | Macon | Madison | McDowell | Mitchell | Polk | Rutherford | Stokes | Surry | Swain | Transylvania | Wilkes | Watauga | Yancey | Yadkin