Boston Neighborhood Network
3025 Washington Street
Charles J. Beard Media II Center
Boston Neighborhood Network (BNN) is Boston’s community media center, operating a full-service website, two cable television channels, three video production facilities, a mobile production van and a multimedia center. BNN’s facilities provide the means and support necessary for members to express themselves and communicate to their constituencies and the general public through the production and distribution of television programs and multimedia projects. We cablecast the most diverse programming in Boston on television to over 150,000 households in the City, reaching a potential audience of more than 450,000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on Channels 9 and 23.
For the past 20 years BNN has worked toward fulfilling its mission to use cable television’s unique capabilities and other technology to address unmet communications needs of individuals and institutions in Boston by:
• Giving a more direct voice to and fostering understanding among various neighborhoods, groups and points of view.
• Expanding the diversity and variety of information on local topics addressing the specific needs of targeted populations.
• Increasing the access for residents to educational, cultural, political, health and human resources of the City.
• Strengthening the ability of all institutions to serve Boston’s diverse residents by providing a mechanism through which they can effectively share their resources with the community.
• Providing overall local television programs and opportunities not available on other television venues in Boston.