Chinese Community Center
CCC’s mission is to bridge East and West by enriching families with educational, cultural, and social service programs. Founded in 1979 as a language school, we now serve over 10,000 Asian American families annually especially those consisting of immigrants, refugees, limited English proficient, and low-to moderate income individuals.
Our childcare, youth, adult education, workforce development, senior, social and community services are provided in English, Mandarin, Cantonese and/or Vietnamese. Our special distinctions include being a United Way of Greater Houston agency, a LISC Financial Opportunity Center, a HUD-approved Housing Counseling Agency, and a NEAYC-accredited Child Development Center.
- acculturation and community/civic engagement
- childhood development and family involvement
- youth leadership development and academic enrichment
- adult literacy and citizenship
- workforce and small business development
- public benefits referral and assistance
- tax preparation and legal aid
- Chinese language school, library and gym services
- health education, counseling and support groups
- senior recreation and companionship
- disability services and caregiver trainings
If you are interested in volunteering or interning with CCC, please view all of our current opportunities at http://www.ccchouston.org/Volunteer.aspx and fill out our volunteer/intern interest form at http://www.ccchouston.org/interestform.aspx. A CCC team member will be in touch with you within one week.
If you are interested in volunteering or interning in any area not mentioned on our list of current opportunities, please mention so in the last question of our volunteer/intern interest form. Regardless, please mention you discovered CCC via Idealist.org in this last question.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!