March2Recovery is dedicated to providing disaster recovery services to individuals and families affected by the March 2nd tornadoes in Southern Indiana. We are the official long-term recovery organization, serving residents of Clark, Jefferson and Washington counties.
Who we are:
- We are volunteers and staff working together to help our neighbors and communities recover from the devastating tornadoes of March 2, 2012. March2Recovery, or M2R, is the official long-term recovery organization serving residents of Clark, Jefferson and Washington counties.
- We grew out of Southern Indiana Community Organizations Active in Disaster (SINCOAD) and organized using best practices and guidance from National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD.org).
What we do:
- We mobilize volunteers and resources in an organized manner to provide assistance to individuals and families who still have unmet needs after seeking insurance, FEMA and other assistance.
- We provide services to survivors at no cost and without discrimination. Case managers help families with a recovery plan—assessing needs, verifying assistance and advocating for resources.
Accomplishments to date:
- Immediately following the tornadoes, approximately 16,000 volunteers from 49 states focused on shelter and feeding, debris removal, cleanup and immediate needs.
- March2Recovery Steering Committee has met weekly since March 8, organizing committees, policies and procedures and securing resources in order to provide assistance.
Do you work for March2Recovery? Become an administrator