Bridgewater State University, Master of Public Administration
The Master of Public Administration (MPA) program offers students a chance to prepare for leadership roles in both public and nonprofit sectors. Whether entering the program with little or no managerial experience or as mid-career professionals looking to earn advanced degrees, students will find quality course work and internship opportunities on a flexible schedule and at a convenient location.
The MPA degree program is designed to provide professional education that prepares individuals for leadership roles in public administration and public affairs at the federal, state and local levels, with flexible career opportunities in both the public and nonprofit sectors.
The MPA program is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Public Affairs and Administration (NASPAA). The NASPAA accreditation recognizes programs that have gone through a rigorous peer review process and met high standards for professional master's degree programs in public administration.
The Master of Public Administration Program at Bridgewater State University provides rigorous graduate public education, developing core competencies in leadership and service in the public and nonprofit sectors. Consistent with the mission of the University, the Program also uses its resources to engage and advance the economic, cultural, civic, and political life of southeastern Massachusetts, other domestic communities, and our global community.
The MPA Program embraces three guiding principles:
1. Public and community service
2. Integration of theory and practice
3. Ethical and accountable practice
- Prepares students for leadership roles in public service and public affairs
- Accommodates both pre-career students and in-career professionals
- Schedules courses primarily evenings and weekends to meet needs of working professionals
- Offers professional development modules each semester (usually on Saturdays) on topics of special relevance to public service
- Facilitates internship experiences in professional settings
- Helps to meet the needs of residents of Southeastern Massachusetts with an ideal location