4 Paws 4 Life
4 Paws 4 Life is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit animal rescue organization dedicated to finding perfect "furever" homes for orphaned pets abandoned in overpopulated high-kill shelters throughout the western half of the U.S.
We created 4 Paws 4 Life to give a stronger voice to abandoned companion animals in our country who have no voice. Our leaders have worked with various rescue organizations across the country. They came together in Denver and combined more than a decade of background and experience to form one of the most active rescue groups in Colorado. Our dedicated and passionate group has successfully placed more than 1,500 dogs into "furever" homes since its inception.
Animal shelters across the U.S. hold approximately eight million companion animals within their facilities each year. Almost 50% of them are euthanized merely due to lack of resources. Focusing our operations around committed volunteers, our primary objective is to save as many adoptable companion animals from Death Row.
Our efforts also extend to the circulation of knowledge and promotion of initiatives that support the best welfare of our four-legged friends, such as responsible companion animal relationships, the prevention of animal cruelty, and the achievement of a no-kill nation.
Our organization cannot accomplish anything without its committed volunteers, foster homes, local veterinarians, trainers, boarding facilities, shelters, and rescue partners. It is the collaboration of this entire community that makes it possible to rehome these adoptable dogs in Colorado.
- Partnering with like-minded organizations to achieve a common goal of saving animals.
- Providing dogs with temporary care through our foster programs and/or boarding facilities.
- Ensuring they receive medical care using our local veterinarian services.
- Ensuring successful placements using our application and interview processes.
- Finding them loving homes during our weekly adoption events program.
- Educating adopters and the general public on responsible pet care and relationships.
- Hiring trainers, when necessary, to assist with behavioral issues.
We believe every dog deserves a long, happy and healthy life.
We believe in our community.
We believe in a no-kill nation.
Paws and Hugs,
The 4P4L Team
Foster Homes Needed! (Volunteer Opportunity)