Pennsylvania School for the Deaf
- PSD is the 3rd oldest school for the Deaf in the United States and was founded in 1820.
- PSD provides a comprehensive educational program for over 225 students ages 3-21.
- PSD's Early Intervention program for infants and toddlers age 0-3 provides family support and child development activities immediately following the identification of a hearing loss.
- PSD educates a diverse student body from its urban environment within the city of Philadelphia. Students come from Philadelphia, as well as the surrounding suburban counties and are from multi-ethnic backgrounds.
- While some students have residual hearing that supports listening and spoken language skills, the majority of PSD's students communicate primarily through sign language. Academic abilities of PSD students' range from above average, reading at grade level, to students with significant additional disabilities.
- PSD promotes and respects student diversity and plans activities to heighten student awareness and sensitivity of the rich multi-cultural community that it serves.