Portland Food Co-op — Community-Owned Market
The Portland Food Co-op will be a grocery store, owned by members and open to the public, that will offer a wide selection of high quality and fairly priced local, organic, and natural foods and household products. We are dedicated to supporting local farmers and producers, serving our community and building the local economy.
We will be:
- A market where you can shop your entire grocery list–produce, meats, seafood, dairy, frozen food, baked goods, pet food, health and beauty products – even beer and wine!
- A market with a huge variety of bulk items ranging from grains, nuts, and spices to maple syrup, vinegars, and soaps. Bring your own container to reduce waste!
- A warm and inviting gathering place and a resource for healthy eating and education.
- Open to the public and accessible to all, including ownership opportunities for low-income shoppers.
- Committed to providing the largest selection of locally-grown and -produced items in the Portland area!
- Cooperatively owned and democratically guided.
- Dedicated to keeping jobs, money, and decision-making in our local economy.
- Focused on environmental sustainability, by sourcing locally whenever possible; by being accessible by bus, bike, or foot; and by minimizing packaging and reducing waste.