- British Columbia
The North Shore Jewish Community/Congregation Har El is an egalitarian Conservative congregation combining spirituality with a deep sense of tradition. Har El is a member of the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism and follows its guidelines.
The facilities consist of a Synagogue, Community Centre, meeting space and School.
Har El, the North Shore Centre for Jewish Life strives to nurture progressive Jewish spiritual and cultural identity. We endeavor to achieve this through building a warm, welcoming, inclusive, and open-minded Jewish home for all.
Har El, The North Shore Centre for Jewish Life will be a place:
- With many doors leading in
- Free of judgement, where every person with a Jewish spirit is welcome and valued
- Where people can celebrate Jewish worship and lifecycle events
- Where people can congregate in ways that are important to them, be it based on ritual, social, cultural or otherwise
- That will help ensure the perpetual presence of our community and pass on our values from generation to generation
- That proudly demonstrates solidarity with the State of Israel
- That recognizes its role within the larger local community