Bay Area Women's Center
The mission of the Bay Area Women’s Center is to eliminate domestic violence and sexual assault. This will be accomplished through:
- Crisis intervention
- Education to clients and community
- Providing safe haven to victims of domestic violence and sexual assault
- Actively pursuing social change
The philosophy of the Bay Area Women’s Center maintains the right of every person to live free of fear, as an autonomous individual. To this end, Bay Area Women’s Center provides excellent, unduplicated services, free of charge, that address the unique needs of victims of domestic violence and sexual assault. Programs and services provide support, advocacy, education, and prevention and give safety, dignity, and respect to victims. Programs and services will hold the abuser accountable for the violence, will support systems change, and will not blame the victim. Services include:
- Emergency shelter.
- 24-hour crisis and information line.
- Transitional Housing.
- Individual and support group counseling.
- Advocacy and support services.
- Information and referrals.
- Community education and prevention services.
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner Program.
- First Response Pager Program.
- Emergency cell phones.