Anxiety and Depression Association of America
The Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), a national nonprofit organization, is dedicated to promoting the prevention and cure of anxiety, depression and stress-related disorders such as OCD, PTSD, panic, social anxiety, phobias, and depression.
- Promote professional and public awareness of anxiety, depression and stress-related disorders and their impact on people's lives
- Advance scientific knowledge and exchange about causes and treatments of anxiety and related disorders
- Train professionals in the latest evidence-based treatments and increase translation among researchers and clinicians
- Assist individuals in finding appropriate treatment and developing self-help skills
- Reduce the stigma surrounding anxiety and stress-related disorders.
To achieve these goals, ADAA reaches out to clinicians, researchers, and other health care professionals, as well as public policymakers, educators, and individuals with anxiety and depressive disorders and their loved ones. ADAA also works with health care organizations nationwide.