Forefront: Innovations in Suicide Prevention
To foster a world that openly addresses suicide and mental health with compassion, and where every individual acts on their capacity to prevent suicide
To empower individuals and communities to take sustainable action to prevent suicide, champion systemic change, and restore hope.
Backed by rigorous research, Forefront takes a strategic approach to policy and systems change, enlisting lawmakers, state agencies, the private sector and community partners in collaboratively devising and implementing high-impact solutions.
In addition to legislative advocacy, our key achievements include:
- Training of 30,000+ health and school professionals in suicide awareness, intervention and response skills
- An alliance with the NRA and dozens of other partners to train health care providers, gun dealers, firearm safety instructors, and pharmacists in detecting warning signs of suicide and to educate communities about safe storage of medications and firearms
- Consultation to Facebook to launch suicide prevention tools on the world’s largest social media network
- A three-year suicide prevention program for high schools to transform the culture around suicide and mental health
- An annual higher education suicide prevention conference
- Support for suicide loss survivors through the Forefront Cares program
- Training of several hundred volunteers in suicide awareness outreach and advocacy skills
- A source for 125+ print and online articles each year on suicide as a public health issue
Chief Operating Officer (Job)