Child Care Aware of Missouri
Child Care Aware of Missouri works for the vision that all children in Missouri have access to healthy, safe, nurturing, enriching, and respectful early childhood care and education and out-of-school time care. As Missouri's state network for child care resource and referral (CCR&R), our three-part mission is to:
- connect families to child care and early education programs
- improve the quality of those programs
- collaborate with business and civic leaders to make child care safe and enriching for children
We fulfill this mission through contracts for services with regional Member Agencies that comprise the membership of the Network.
Child Care Aware of Missouri values resource and referral programs that reflect diversity, commitment, accountability, respect and integrity. As professional agencies, the network members strive to provide high quality services to their customers, while remaining sensitive to their unique needs. The network values a child care system that provides:
- To children: healthy safe, nurturing, enriching and respectful environments
- To families: a support system for working and raising their children
- To child care providers: a professional development system that supports and promotes a respected, adequately compensate, high quality workforce.
- To the community: a resource that supports both the current workforce and the next generation of Missouri’s workers.