Communities In Schools of Marietta/Cobb County
The mission of Communities In Schools is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
What is CISMCC?
- Nationally Accredited Communities In Schools Affiliate
- Part of a nationwide network of CIS affiliates—one of a very small number of dropout prevention programs in the country proven to keep students in school and is the only dropout prevention program in the nation with research to prove that it increases graduation rates.
- Serving students in the Marietta City and Cobb County School systems. All activities for students are geared toward the successful completion of an education.
The FIVE CIS Basics
We believe that every child needs and deserves:
- A personal, one-on-one relationship with a caring adult
- A healthy start;
- A safe place to learn and grow;
- A marketable skill to use upon graduation;
- A chance to give back to peers and community
- CISMCC Developing Site- Dunleith Elementary
- CISMCC Comprehensive Site- Osborne High School
- 2 Performance Learning Centers (PLC) nontraditional high schools
- Ambassador Leadership Program
- Reality University- Financial literacy simulation for youth
- The Georgia Literacy Connection (GLC) tutoring for grades K-5
- Parents As Teachers (PAT) Ages 0–5 years
- Project LYNX Summer Program (Smitha & Campbell Middle Schools)
- Parental Information Resource Centers (PIRC)
Do you work for Communities In Schools of Marietta/Cobb County? Become an administrator