*Please note that AsylumConnect is an Internet-based initiative. (We do not have a physical office space. The address listed in Richmond, CA represents the physical address of AsylumConnect's current fiscal sponsor.) All of our positions are unpaid and remote/virtual.
Co-founded by a gay asylum seeker and lesbian in 2014 at the University of Pennsylvania, AsylumConnect is a tech nonprofit on a mission to provide LGBTQ asylum seekers with the verified information and sense of community they need to safely integrate in their new home. The AsylumConnect catalog, available on web and mobile devices, is the first online resource database for LGBTQ asylum seekers in the U.S. The catalog helps LGBTQ asylum seekers find safe, high-quality resources during the U.S. asylum process. Nonprofits, immigration attorneys, and other service providers also use the catalog to gather verified resource referrals for clients.
In November 2017, AsylumConnect partnered with technology-focused nonprofit One Degree on national expansion, and is now accepting suggestions for catalog resources that are available across the U.S. Building upon One Degree’s powerful resource search and management platform, the AsylumConnect team will now continue to improve and scale its catalog across the U.S. So far, the AsylumConnect catalog has helped over 5,000 find safe resources.
AsylumConnect has received recognition and support from the United Nations, Clinton Foundation, Harvard Social Enterprise Conference, Awesome Without Borders, U.S. Committee for Refugees & Immigrants, and others.
- All positions are unpaid at this time.
- All positions are virtual/remote positions – we are looking for self-starters and commitment!
- Everyone is welcome to apply! Passionate students, nonprofit professionals, LGBTQ advocates, immigration activists, social entrepreneurs, etc. are all highly encouraged to apply.
- For director and associate positions, preference is given to candidates who currently live in the U.S.
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- *Learn more: http://www.asylumconnect.org/join-our-team/
Board Member (Remote) (Volunteer Opportunity)
Public Relations Specialist (Remote) (Volunteer Opportunity)
Web Developer (Remote Opportunity) (Volunteer Opportunity)
Translator (Remote) (Volunteer Opportunity)