St. Luke's Community House
St. Luke’s was founded in 1913 to serve the medical needs of the women and children whose male relatives were inmates in the Tennessee state penitentiary. In 1920, St. Luke’s relocated to its present site and continued serving as a clinic until 1996, when TennCare cuts forced the agency to terminate these services. Since that time, St. Luke’s has continued to evolve and is now the only major social service agency in the area offering a variety of programs including childcare, mobile meals, emergency food, home repairs, tax assistance, holiday toy store, adult computer classes, youth summer camp and health assessments.
Our Mission is to help low income working families, seniors, and individuals in West Nashville achieve their potential and prevent problems that threaten the stability of families and community.