Voice to the World
Voice to the World Voice to the World (VW) addresses the digital divide by identifying voiceless, underserved groups and supplying them with the computer knowledge and skills necessary for social change. By offering a curriculum based on keyboarding, supplemented with other vital 21st century skills, VW relies on its base of volunteer instructors and community partners to prepare its students for higher education and advanced career opportunities.
- Provide education in computer literacy
- Identify groups in need of computer education
- Ascertain other needs of targeted groups
- Collaborate with other organizations to meet the needs of targeted groups
- Increase social awareness of the digital divide and other challenges participants are facing
- Teach targeted groups how to use computer technology and social media to address their concerns and challenges to the wider community